d four no-hitters in their history, th
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> tax issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: d four no-hitters in their history, th Reply with quote

NEW YORK -- New Jerseys Martin Brodeur outdueled Rangers counterpart Henrik Lundqvist, and that wasnt lost on New York coach Alain Vigneault. Brodeur, the winningest goalie in NHL history, gutted out a 3-2 Devils victory over Lundqvist and the Rangers on Tuesday night. New Jersey took three one-goal leads and made the last one stick after Dainius Zubrus scored with 2:55 remaining. "We tied it up in the third, and we got unfortunate on all their three goals," Vigneault said. "Their goaltender made some big saves at key times." One shot that eluded Lundqvist was singled out by Vigneault -- Ryan Carters second of the game and season that gave the Devils a 2-1 lead with 46.1 seconds left in the second period. Carter beat speedy Rangers forward Carl Hagelin to Adam Larssons dump-in and cut in on Lundqvist. He sent a quick shot through the crease and inside the left post. When asked about Hagelins role in that goal, Vigneault seemingly shifted the focus onto Lundqvist. "Im not quite sure what happened there," Vigneault said. "It was an easy first man on the puck, but mind you its a routine save." Zubrus made it 3-2 when he put in a loose puck after his shot was blocked by defenceman Dan Girardi. That gave Brodeur a third straight win. "Any win at the Garden is a great win," New Devils owner Josh Harris said. Girardi had gotten the Rangers even at 2 when he scored his first of the season with 7:42 left. Girardi banked in a shot from the blue line off the skate of Devils defenceman Adam Larsson, who turned 21 Tuesday. "Just an overall gutsy effort, and our goalie was fantastic," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. "I think weve gotten nice starting goaltending for the last three weeks." Brodeur, who earlier this season conceded his starting job to newcomer Cory Schneider started and won for the third time in four games. His previous two outings resulted in shutouts. The 41-year-old Brodeur, who made 33 saves, also allowed a second-period goal to Marc Staal in earning his NHL-record 674th win. "I love to play against these guys, and Im sure they feel the same way," said Brodeur, who has beaten the Rangers 48 times. However, he wasnt ready to claim the No. 1 job back. "Ill leave it to the coaches to make those decisions," he said. "Ill never say boo about stuff like that. Karma goes a long way. I have learned that from the past. Ill never ask for anything here. Ill always be ready to play." Schneider shut out the Rangers in the previous meeting in New Jersey on Oct. 19. Lundqvist made 25 saves for New York, which went 0 for 5 on the power play. The Rangers (9-9) had won six of seven to get over .500 for the first time this season. He kept it a one-goal deficit with 7:45 left when he stopped former teammate Jaromir Jagr, who came in alone after leaving the penalty box. "We didnt give anything to them, and we fought all night," said Jagr, who earlier Tuesday told his teammates they would win 3-2. "We had a lot of chances to break it open, especially me. I should have scored on that breakaway, and it would have been 3-1, and game over." But that save wasnt enough for the Rangers. "We came out and did the things that we needed to do," Lundqvist said. "We came back into the game and gave us a chance to win. I had a good feeling, especially when we tied it up, but its over and its a tough one. "A lot of good things, but we needed to find a way to win there, and we didnt." Carter netted his first goal with another aggressive charge. He shoved a shot in close that appeared to hit the skate of backchecking forward J.T. Miller and Lundqvists stick before sneaking inside the left post at 6:37. "Thats the way it works sometimes," Carter said. "You get a few in on shots you might not think are going in. I had some clean shots, some dream shots, and he stopped them." The Rangers bounced right back off a rush by Mats Zuccarello, who curled behind the Devils net and backhanded a pass to Staal for a one-timer from above the left circle. The defencemans second of the season snapped Brodeurs shutout streak at 191 minutes, 21 seconds. Brodeur turned aside a hard drive by Derek Stepan less than 5 minutes in, and then stonewalled Zuccarello twice in the crease. Chris Kreider put the puck into the net, but after the whistle was blown. Brodeur thrust his glove into the face of the 5-foot-7 Zuccarello during a stoppage, and even made a save with his mask, mimicking Lundqvists style. "I wanted to match him up," Brodeur said. "I just saw it last second, and I just reacted, and it went off my head. It was a Lundqvist save, I guess." NOTES: Rangers LW Rick Nash (concussion) skated for the fourth straight day and was cleared to return to practice on Wednesday. He has missed 15 games. ... Zuccarello and defenceman Ryan McDonagh both extended point streaks to a career-best four games with assists. ... Devils LW Patrik Elias missed his sixth straight game due to upper body soreness. ... New Jersey D Anton Volchenkov was injured in the first period and didnt return. Henry Ellenson Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. Reggie Jackson Jersey .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday. http://www.basketballpistonsonline.us/andre-drummond-pistons-jersey/. Amare Stoudemire had 22 points and 10 rebounds, Carmelo Anthony scored 21 and the New York Knicks won their eighth straight game, 93-92 over Philadelphia on Friday night, sending the Sixers to their 23rd straight loss. Jerry Stackhouse Jersey . - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson accomplished her mission of defending her skicross World Cup title at Nakiska Ski Area on Saturday. Marcus Morris Pistons Jersey . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Danny Duffy walked briskly to the mound to start the seventh inning Saturday night, ready to throw his first warm-up pitch before anybody else on his team had even taken the field. The Royals left-hander was in that kind of rhythm. Duffy went on to retire the next two batters he faced before Baltimores Adam Jones finally ended his bid for a perfect game with a single up the middle. Still, it was the best outing of his career, and came on a night when the Kansas Citys scuffling offence needed it. Billy Butler drove in the only run in the first inning in the 1-0 win over the Orioles. "I started to feel it in the seventh a little bit," Duffy said of his tantalizing perfect bid, "but I didnt think about it because my job is to get outs." Others started to think about it, though. "You keep thinking, Boy, hes got really good stuff," said Royals manager Ned Yost, who was ejected during a tense ninth inning. "He gets through the fourth and the fifth and into the sixth and you think, Boy, hes got really, really good stuff." Duffy gave up a single to Nelson Cruz to start the eighth, but Wade Davis retired the next three batters. All-Star close Greg Holland allow a hit and two walks to load the bases with two outs in the ninth, then calmly struck out Cruz for his 11th save of the season. "We found a way to get back in it in the ninth and had the right guys at the plate," said Orioles bench coach John Russell, who was acting manager as Buck Showalter attended his daughters graduation. "We scraped and scrapped. We still found a way to make it interesting." Bud Norris (2-4) was the hard-luck loser, allowing four hits and a walk in 7 1-3 innings. The lone run he allowed came in the first, when Nori Aoki led off with a single, stole second and then scored on Butlers single to centre. The hit ended a 0-for-10 slump, and gave Kansas City only its second run in the first three games of the four-game set. "The story of the day is about Duffy. That was unbelievable," Butler said. "That gives yyou a glimpse of what he could be like every time out.dddddddddddd" Duffy missed most of last season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, and he began this season in the bullpen after losing the competition for a rotation spot in spring training. But he was forced back into the rotation a few weeks ago, when Bruce Chen landed on the disabled list with a back injury, and has pitched so well that he may have claimed the spot for good. After struggling with control most of his first three seasons, Duffy has finally started to harness his stuff. He allowed one run on two hits in four innings in his first start May 3 against Detroit, and one run on two hits in six innings last week in Seattle. He wound up losing both games when the Royals failed to score a run for him. Perhaps with that in mind, Duffy kept the Orioles off the scoreboard entirely. He never got close to allowing a hit until Caleb Joseph hit a liner at third baseman Mike Moustakas to end the sixth inning, and Alex Gordon made a spectacular diving catch on Nick Markakiss flyball to lead off the seventh. Duffy then struck out Manny Machado before Jones delivered his single. "I heard somebody say this is the type for, like, a perfect game," said the Orioles Caleb Joseph. "Right after that, somebody said, Jonesy is about to rip one right here." The crowd gave Duffy a standing ovation after the hit, and then another when he exited the game. Duffy sheepishly waved his cap in appreciation as he entered the dugout. "I was just trying to stay calm," Duuffy said. "Mechanics will come through on their own if you trust your stuff, you dont overdo anything. And we were on the attack all day." NOTES: Jones has a 12-game hitting streak. ... The Royals have had four no-hitters in their history, the last by Brett Saberhagen against the White Sox on Aug. 26, 1991. The Orioles have not been no-hit since Sept. 1, 2007, when Clay Buchholz accomplished the feat for Boston. ... Royals RHP James Shields and Orioles RHP Ubaldo Jimenez start Sundays series finale. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> tax issues
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks