runners in, but today we got enoug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> the buying and legal process
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: runners in, but today we got enoug Reply with quote

MILWAUKEE -- Khris Davis bat splintered after making solid contact with the pitch and he started running. He didnt know where the ball landed, but suddenly his fellow Milwaukee Brewers were rushing him at first base. He got doused with a celebratory cup of water and quickly figured out what happened. Davis hit a game-ending, two run single to centre with the bases loaded in the ninth off Pittsburgh Pirates closer Mark Melancon for a 4-3 win Thursday. "I was just looking around and all of a sudden my teammates were running at me," the second-year left fielder said about the postgame celebration and impromptu shower. "I just took it with a good smile, glad I could help win." A nine-game homestand ended on a high note for the surprising Brewers, who maintained their five-game lead over St. Louis in the NL Central and got their fourth win in five games. It was a big confidence boost especially for Davis, a young slugger who struggled the last few weeks but has showed signs of breaking out of his slump. His average had dipped to .212 before going 4 for 9 in three games against the Pirates. Does this make him "Klutch" Davis? "Im not big on nicknames, but it sounds good," Davis said with a laugh. "Why not?" The comeback spoiled the return of Pirates starter Wandy Rodriguez from the disabled list with right knee inflammation. Rodriguez allowed solo homers to Rickie Weeks and Martin Maldonado but struck out four in his first start since April 19. Gaby Sanchezs solo homer off Yovani Gallardo in the sixth snapped a 2-2 tie to give the Pirates the lead until Melancon (1-2) broke down in the ninth. Subbing for injured closer Jason Grilli, Melancon had converted his four previous save opportunities. Ryan Braun led off the ninth by singling. Melancon walked the next two hitters to load the bases with nobody out. "Hes a human being and just didnt have his best stuff today. The walks are uncharacteristic," manager Clint Hurdle said. "Hes been here for a while, and thats something we havent seen." Up came Davis, who smashed his broken-bat hit to drive in Braun and Jonathan Lucroy. Melancon had given up just one walk in 19 previous appearances this season before Thursdays meltdown. "I just put myself in a bad spot," Melancon said. The Pirates nearly came through with a win for Rodriguez, who fared much better Thursday than during two rehab starts in the minors. The veteran left-handed posted a 10.38 ERA with Double-A Altoona. "I dont pay attention to my speed. I pay more attention to how I located the ball," Rodriguez said. "I only made two mistakes today." Weeks homered the other way into the right-field corner off a 2-1 slider in the third to extend the second basemans hitting streak to eight. He finished 3 for 4. Rodriguez entered with a 7.65 ERA, while Melancon had a 1.42 ERA. In the end, the Brewers ended up having more success against the closer. Reliever Rob Wooten (1-1) threw 1-1-3 scoreless innings. Gallardo allowed five hits, three runs and two walks, and struck out six in 6 1-3 innings. Gallardo "did a nice job," manager Ron Roenicke said. "He made one mistake on a high slider, but I thought he threw well. He kept us in there, and we scratched." The short-handed Brewers went a second day without star outfielder Carlos Gomez, who is nursing a sore back while serving a three-game suspension for his role in a benches-clearing brawl between the teams April 20 in Pittsburgh. The Pirates Tony Sanchez had a two-run homer in the fifth, his first of the year. Notes: The Brewers announced that Premier League team Swansea and Mexican club Chivas would meet July 16 for the first professional soccer match at Miller Park. ... Roenicke said Gomez was feeling much better Thursday. Gomez left Tuesdays game with the injury, and his dropped his appeal of the suspension the next day. Gomez is eligible to return Saturday against the Cubs. ... Milwaukee opens the three-game set Friday in Chicago with starter Kyle Lohse (4-1). The Pirates start Edinson Volquez (1-3) to open a series Friday in New York against the Yankees. Cameron Maybin Jersey . Erik Cole scored on a breakaway with 4:49 to play, and the Stars rallied to defeat the Minnesota Wild 4-3 on Saturday night. Darin Erstad Jersey .C. -- The Bobcats announced theyve signed centre Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/cliff-pennington-angels-jersey/. After two months of mediocrity, perhaps the Washington Nationals have turned the page. Strasburg struck out 11 in seven innings Wednesday night and the Nationals kept the Philadelphia Phillies bats quiet yet again in an 8-4, rain-interrupted win. Mike Trout Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a course-record 10-under 62 on Wednesday to take the first-round lead in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Andrew Heaney Jersey .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action.MINNEAPOLIS -- A few key made things a lot easier for Kevin Correia and the Minnesota Twins. Joe Mauer and Brian Dozier both homered, Correia earned his first win of the season and the Twins ended their four-game losing streak by beating the Baltimore Orioles 6-1 Saturday. Mauer entered the game batting .136 with runners in scoring position, but had three hits and four RBIs. His three-run shot in the seventh off reliever Brad Brach to break open the game. Mauers RBI single with Dozier on second in the fifth inning broke a 1-for-30 team slump with men in scoring position. "You can go back and make us look as bad as you want to and then I can throw more numbers at you and make us look better," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "But yes, lately we have been struggling, but were facing pretty good pitching. We went through a little bit of a dry spell, but Ill take my chances." A day after failing to score a run in starter Ricky Nolascos nine-inning performance, Minnesotas batters took a more-aggressive approach against Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen (3-2). Chen threw a season-high 108 pitches in five innings, watching Twins hitters foul off several pitches to keep him on the mound for some long at-bats. "Were still being aggressive, we lost that in the past couple of days," Dozier said. "We let a lot of fastballs go by, especially with men in scoring position and were not that type of team and thats not what were taught." Doziers eighth homer, a solo shot off Chen in the third, gave the Twins the lead for good. "I was able to get ahead in the count a lot of times," Chen said through a translator. "I tried to make a good pitch to get hitters out and I couldnt do it like in my previous outing. So I was kind of having trouble." Correia (1-3), meanwhile, worked efficiently through Baltimores lineup, allowing five hits in seven innings. He won for the first time since last Sept. 1, a span of nine starts. Correia walked none, struck out three and retired 13 of his final 14 batters. Casey Fien and Jared Burton combined for two innings of sscoreless relief.dddddddddddd "Like Ive always said, thats what Im here to do," Correia said. "I felt like Ive thrown some games where Ive had a good chance to win a game and to go a month without getting one is hard, it just puts more pressure on you every time you go out there so its nice to get that first one." Adam Jones scored Baltimores only run in the second after reaching base despite striking out. He fanned, but the wild pitch got past catcher Kurt Suzuki, allowing Jones to make it to first. J.J. Hardys single tied it at 1. But Minnesota regained the lead when Dozier led off the third by hitting a full-count pitch from Chen into the left-field seats. "Especially with the performance last night by Nolasco and Correia today, you want to get runs in for your guy and you know I was happy was able to do that today," Mauer said. "Yeah, its been a little frustrating trying to get runners in, but today we got enough for our guy, which was good." NOTES: Mauer has two homers and 11 RBIs this season -- all at home. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter plans to get a look at LHP Johan Santana next week in extended spring training before the team begins a series with Tampa Bay. Santana was supposed to make his spring training debut in Sarasota, Florida, on Saturday, but the game was rained out. The two-time Cy Young winner recovering from shoulder surgery is expected to throw Monday instead. "Its still a little early, but hes had no setbacks and his velocitys inching up," Showalter said. ... Twins slugger Josh Willingham is still experiencing soreness in his recovery from a broken left wrist, and is backing off from taking infield swings, Gardenhire said. Gardenhire also said OF Aaron Hicks is still feeling the effects from a concussion suffered Thursday night. "I dont know how long its going to be," Gardenhire said. ... The two teams finish their three-game series Sunday when RHP Miguel Gonzalez (1-2) makes his sixth start of the season for Baltimore. Minnesotas Phil Hughes (2-1) will try for his third straight win. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> the buying and legal process
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks