Kansas City never had a bette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Kansas City never had a bette Reply with quote

SARASOTA, Fla. - Chris Davis hit a two-run double, scoring Nelson Cruz in his Orioles debut in Baltimores 9-7 win over to the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday. Cruz, who signed with the Orioles on Monday, walked and scored from first on Davis double. Manager Buck Showalter was eager to get Cruz, who batted second and was the designated hitter, into the lineup. Cruz signed a one-year, $8 million contract with the Orioles. "It doesnt feel like butterflies or anything. Buck asked me if I was nervous. I feel normal, I guess, as soon as I come out to the field. Its something I havent done for a while. It comes natural," Cruz said. In his first game of the spring, Davis, who led the majors with 53 home runs last season, was 1 for 3 with the opposite-field double. Davis was glad to play again with Cruz. The two were teammates in Texas. "Like clockwork. I was glad to see him work an at-bat like that. I think thats kind of where were all at after the first few days. Get in there, see some pitches. You just cant simulate this stuff. Youve got to be out there, youve got to turn on the competition again, and I felt good," Davis said. Toronto starter Drew Hutchison, battling for the fifth starters job, struck out four in throwing two scoreless innings, allowing one hit. Miguel Gonzalez gave up one run on three hits in two innings for Baltimore. The Orioles overcame a 7-2 deficit when they scored seven runs in the eighth. The big hits were a three-run triple by Francisco Peguero and a two-run single by Xavier Paul. Peguero, who signed with Baltimore in December, began the inning with a single. STARTING TIME Blue Jays: Hutchison must beat out Todd Redmond and Esmil Rogers to make the staff. "I dont really know where my velocity was today," Hutchison said. "I was more worried about throwing strikes and being crisp. The only thing, I got into a couple of deep counts, but other than that, it was a good day." Orioles: Gonzalez, who has a starting spot for Baltimore secured, is pitching as if he wasnt already guaranteed a job. "Youve still got to go out there and perform. You cant take it easy, no matter what. I think theres guys out there that want our position, so weve got to keep doing our work," Gonzalez said. TRAINERS ROOM Orioles: Outfielder Henry Urrutia will miss at least two days with a sore right shoulder. . Outfielder Quintin Berry, who had been sidelined with back spasms, pinch ran in the eighth inning and scored a run. Blue Jays: Pitcher Casey Janssen has a tender right shoulder, but its not considered serious, manager John Gibbons said. . Third baseman Brett Lawrie (hamstring) and outfielder Edwin Encarnacion (wrist) didnt make the trip, but their absences were precautionary, Gibbons said. LOOKING AHEAD Showalter said that right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez would make his first start against Philadelphia on Friday. Jimenez has yet to appear since he was signed to a four-year, $50 million contract late last month. . Outfielder Mike Yastrzemski, a Baltimore minor leaguer, will play in the Orioles game against Boston in Fort Myers on Sunday. Hes the grandson of Red Sox Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski. HONORING BARLOW A number of Baltimore players wore wristbands honouring Monica Barlow, the teams director of public relations, who died of cancer on Friday at 36. "She just helped me a lot with making the right decisions and doing things that not just helped me, but helped the team instead of just doing things just for the sake of doing them," outfielder Adam Jones said. Blaine Gabbert Jersey . He liked what he saw on Tuesday night. Not only did his team post a comeback 3-2 victory in a shootout over the Montreal Canadiens, but the rival Washington Capitals were beaten 5-1 in Buffalo. Josh Bynes Jersey . After not scoring 40 points in the opening quarter in the last five seasons, the Rockets have done it five times this season and twice in the last three games. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/Youth-Carson-Palmer-Cardinals-Jersey/. After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs. Chandler Jones Jersey . Nothing pretty. But this is 1/4 World Cup. Usually plays out this way. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level.PITTSBURGH, Pa. - There was no joyous celebration. The hooting and hollering was kept to the minimum.A return to the playoffs following a two-year absence after a 20-12 win over Kansas City on Sunday doesnt have the Pittsburgh Steelers getting ahead of themselves. Yes, theyre playing into January. But theres still plenty on the table with a week to go in the regular season.Next up? A shot at the AFC North title and the home game that comes along with it next Sunday against Cincinnati.Were going to treat that like a playoff game like weve had the last three weeks, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. We still have work to do.Its a job the surging Steelers (10-5) suddenly look capable of handling. Pittsburgh has won three straight and is 7-2 since getting crushed at Cleveland in early October. The NFLs top-ranked offence was slowed a bit by the Chiefs, but the defence sacked Alex Smith six times and held Kansas City out of the end zone.Six times the Chiefs (8-7) drove into Pittsburgh territory. They picked up four Cairo Santos field goals, a Jamaal Charles fumble and a fourth-down gamble in the second quarter that came up empty and gave the Steelers momentum for good.I think theres so many little things that happened, Smith said. Theyre not big things, but just little stuff that gets magnified.Its the kind of missed opportunities that have piled up for Kansas City over the last month. The Chiefs have dropped four of five and need to beat San Diego next week and get some help to make it back to the playoffs.We shoot ourselves in the foot sometime and dont know how to bounce back from it, linebacker Tamba Hali said.Time is running out for Kansas City. Not so much the Steelers, who have won their last six games in December.Some things we learned as the Chiefs remained winless in Pittsburgh since 1986:THE STEELERS ARE CLOSERS: Pittsburgh struggled early in the season finishing off opponents, letting lesser opponents stick around until late in games. Thats no longer the case. The Steeelers have dominated at times in the second half of their current three-game run, including a pair of clock-chewing fourth-quarter drives each of the last two weeks.dddddddddddd This time around it was a 12-play, 70-yard march that ended with Shaun Suishams 23-yard field goal that made it 20-9 with 4:04 remaining.ANDY REID IS GONNA GO FOR IT: The Chiefs trailed by four late in the second quarter when they faced fourth-and-inches at the Pittsburgh 12. Rather than a chip-shot field goal, Reid opted to stay aggressive. Charles was stuffed for a short loss. The Steelers ran out the clock and Kansas City never had a better chance to take the lead.Theres a certain mindset here that weve been working with here the whole season, Reid said. When youre put in that situation, you strap it on and go get the thing.HARRISONS RESURGENCE: Steelers linebacker James Harrison was credited with 1 1/2 of Pittsburghs six sacks and was a presence all afternoon. Not bad for a 36-year-old guy who has been bothered by knee problems in recent weeks. He hardly looked out of shape while spending an extensive amount of time in the Kansas City backfield.James is a monster, Steelers centre Maurkice Pouncey said.THE STREAK CONTINUES: Make it 18 regular season games and counting since a Kansas City wide receiver caught a touchdown pass. The Chiefs had a couple of shots. Dwayne Bowe saw a back-shoulder throw from Smith clang off his hands in the second quarter and Smith missed a wide-open Albert Wilson early in the third quarter.STAYING CLEAN: Pittsburghs improved offensive line kept Kansas Citys front seven from disrupting Roethlisberger too much. Justin Houston picked up his 18th sack of the year for the Chiefs but otherwise Roethlisberger had time to complete 18 of 25 passes for 220 yards and a 3-yard score to Antonio Brown.We have a quarterback, Steelers guard Ramon Foster said. When we give him time, we know weve got a chance.___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> FIRST TIME BUYERS by Luke Doonan
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks