Jiri Tlusty was picked 13th overall. The
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> want to be a developer?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Jiri Tlusty was picked 13th overall. The Reply with quote

CALGARY -- The loss of a loved one can make football seem not very important. But Stampeders receiver Joe West says football is getting him through a tough week before he heads home for his brothers funeral. West will play in Mondays Labour Day game against the Edmonton Eskimos before he departs for Garland, Texas. You can watch the Labour Day Classic live at 4pm et/1pm pt. on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5 and TSN GO. Just hours after learning his half-brother Brandon Hobdy was murdered in Arkansas, West had four catches totalling 129 yards in last weeks win over Ottawa. Football has been a welcome, albeit temporary, distraction from his grief. "Its been something else to think about, just keeping my mind occupied," West said Sunday. "This is such an important obstacle in my life right now, having to balance my profession and my personal life. Its pretty tough, but I have really good support from my teammates and coaches." Hobdy, a 23-year-old receiver at South Arkansas University, was shot just outside Magnolia in the early hours of Aug. 24. West chose to play that afternoon in Ottawa and was named the CFLs offensive player of the week for his performance, which included a 58-yard catch in the third quarter. West, 30, was born in Melbourne, Fla., but played high school and college ball in Texas. Hes in his third season with the Stampeders. West and Hobdy have the same mother, Loretta. The funeral is Saturday in Garland, so West will miss Calgarys rematch with the Eskimos in Edmonton. As West was en route back to Calgary from Ottawa, SAU held a candlelight vigil for Hobdy. A Magnolia bank has set up a trust fund in Hobdys name. Two men have been arrested and charged in connection with the shooting death of Hobdy and another victim, 24-year-old Walter Payton. West participated in team meetings during the week, but didnt practise with his teammates until Friday. "Last week was tough dealing with that, but I had teammates that really hurt for me," West said. "Family is so much to me. As I was out there on the field, I knew my brother was with me. I will forever feel that, as I play professional sports and walk this road of life. "Hes in a better place and thats something Im going to have to understand and accept and its going to take time." Marko Grujic Jersey . The pair ended pointless droughts when they each scored two goals in a 6-4 victory over the Winnipeg Jets that halted a two-game losing skid for the Stars (15-11-5). Joel Matip Jersey . Bell Medias 12-year partnership with the Ottawa Senators includes five major components: - English-language regional television broadcast rights for TSN a minimum of 52 regular season and pre-season games - French-language regional television broadcast rights for RDS a minimum of 40 regular season and pre-season games - English-language broadcast rights for TSN Radio 1200 all games - French-language radio broadcast rights all games - Telecommunications and retail sponsorship and activation rights "We recognized early on that our regional broadcast rights coming up for renewal was a very important asset," said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. http://www.soccerliverpoolproshop.com/c-47-pedro-chirivella-liverpool-fc-jersey.aspx. The Cubs made the moves before Thursdays game against Arizona. They promoted left-hander Zac Rosscup and right-hander Neil Ramirez from Triple-A Iowa and optioned righty Blake Parker to their top minor league team. Danny Ings Jersey .com) - Will Conant booted a 39-yard field goal as time expired and Air Force played spoiler with a 27-24 win over 21st- ranked Colorado State on Friday. Adam Bogdan Jersey . - Nikita Jevpalovs scored 6:22 into the second overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Rimouski Oceanic 2-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action.PHILADELPHIA Maple Leafs general manager Dave Nonis spoke to Florida Panthers boss Dale Tallon on Thursday morning about the prospects of trading up for the first overall pick in Fridays draft. "But at this point," Nonis said a few hours after the conversation, "I dont think theres a deal there for us." Despite interest in moving up the ladder of the first round from where they currently stand at eighth overall Nonis didnt believe the current price-tag fit the bill for his club, particularly if it meant sacrificing young talent. The cost was simply too high. "It is for us," Nonis said of the first overall pick. "It may not be for other teams. I know that Dale is serious about moving it I think hes happy to keep it as well but hes not going to give that pick away. "Theres been dialogue, but we havent made any traction and as it stands right now, I would expect that were going to stay at eight." Having hoarded a slew of promising building blocks in recent years (including Aleksander Barkov with the second overall selection in 2013) and with the draft lacking in a consensus, slam-dunk superstar, Tallon is inclined to give up the rights for the top spot. But hes labeled the price for the pick as including a top young player, one who can step right into the Panthers lineup, and perhaps a pick or something of similar value. "Somebody has to knock our socks off for us to make the move," Tallon told TSN recently. In a different draft, Nonis might be prepared to pay that price. He was second in command to Brian Burke at the time of the 2009 draft when Burke spoke openly and aggressively about his pursuit of the first overall pick in a draft that featured star John Tavares. "That price-tag is different than possibly moving up to take the player whos going to go [first] here," Nonis said.dddddddddddd "It doesnt mean that the player who goes [first] is not going to be a great player, but those price-tags are different and I think every team in the league would tell you that. Theres a number or a value that we place on moving up and it wouldnt include our top young players, no." Beyond Aaron Ekblad, theres a definite aura of unpredictability at the top of this draft, making the possibility of the Leafs landing a quality asset at eight all the more likely. Toronto has demonstrated a strong inclination toward selecting North American players in recent years, picking just seven Europeans since 2009 and none in the first round since 2006 when Jiri Tlusty was picked 13th overall. They may not be able to land the top centre theyve long desired with the eighth pick Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Leon Draisaitl all figure to be off the board but theres potential to add front-line skill at wing, perhaps in the form of Nick Ritchie or Jake Virtanen (Nikolaj Ehlers and William Nylander are both intriguing, but neither seem to fit the current Toronto mold). "This [draft] may not have the superstar at the top, but I think most teams would agree theres some pretty good players in this draft that are going to be useful players on good teams," said Nonis. "Its important when youre picking at eight that you get one of those players." Back in 2008, with Cliff Fletcher minding the helm, Toronto moved up two spots in the draft to land Luke Schenn with the fifth overall pick, sending their first round selection (seventh overall) to the Islanders along with picks in the second and third round. The Leafs selected hulking centre Frederik Gauthier with their top selection a year ago (21st overall), adding Morgan Rielly to their young mix in 2012. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Is the above message: Offensive? Objectionable? Way off track?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Join Property Expert Forum Index -> want to be a developer?
Page 1 of 1

Go to:  
Advertise with us  |  Privacy  |  Terms & Copyright                                                                                     Website maintained by USP Networks